Support to become a North Country Small Business Owner
The Center for Businesses in Transition partnership provides support free of charge to qualifying individuals interested in taking over a small business in the North Country
What kind of support?
- Matchmaking services with potential businesses
- Connections with local free and low cost business planning services
- Support navigating the availability of local capital
Get Started Today
You are interested in taking over a small business in the North Country and you need assistance, start by filling out the initial inquiry form. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSewOAqPhkd7fQTdY5lZhKfliX0aDg6CQIiAu9Dd-eHyN1G6bQ/viewform
I filled out the initial inquiry form… what now?
You will be:
- Added to a mailing list to receive notifications about relevant events & workshops
- Contacted by a member of the CBIT team who will interview you about your future plans and needs.
- Presented with recommendations for next steps and available opportunities. Often this will be connecting you with publicly available businesses and experts in the region who can work with you to realize your goals.
- Supported by the CBIT team as needed throughout your process.
What we don’t do…
- Act as your lawyer, banker, financial consultant, mortgage broker, etc. But we do help you build your team and learn about what questions to ask.
- Provide business valuations and/or build business plans for you. But we can provide templates and resources for you to get started before you meet with other professionals.
What if I want to take over the business where I am currently employed?
- We can help you too!
- Many businesses are unfamiliar with solutions such as employee ownership, particularly in the form of worker cooperatives. Worker Cooperatives provide a means through which a business may be transferred to individuals who are already invested in its success, keeping the business and jobs local. Interested in learning more? Contact us today.